Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dancing faves: Mariel Martin


Some days I feel most inspired by fashion, music, film, food, politics, world and social issues. But today is a dance day. I'm currently on hiatus with dance but its been my first love since I began jazz class at four and danced to "yellow polka dot bikini". :) Anyway long story short, here I am, still in love with it. I know amazing dancers and am inspired by sick choreographers. This girl's talent is a force to be reckoned with. Mariel hails from the SF bay area and is a Funkanometry SF Alumni. I've taken about 3 of her workshops and they have all been challenging. She's one of the people whom you can sense a genuine love for her craft. This is not a bandwagon trend for her, nor does she seem to wants international fame. She just loves to dance and she's damn good at it. Her style is really undefinable and I literally gawk at her dance videos on youtube for hours. People like Mariel help me remember why I fell in love with dance in the first place. Check her out!

to suscribe to Mariel's youtube channel click here

No comments:

Post a Comment