Thursday, October 6, 2011

"My week with Marilyn" trailer


I honestly don't know which side of the fence I'm on with this trailer.
In general the storyline seems enticing, but it's Marilyn Monroe that has got me thrown.
Many biopics have tried to capture the very essence of the most famous woman of all time.
No one could even hold a candle to her.
Michelle Williams plays her during the filming of "The Prince and the Showgirl". This was a very trying time for her as it was considered a more serious role for her. She was out to prove something.
I'm really liking what I see as far as Marilyn's vulnerability but the voice of Monroe seems to never be perfect. It almost sounds kind of country :/.
I'll give Williams a fair shot but the lack of magic that is her "Marilyn Monroe" worries me.
While it worries me it just further cements the fact that Marilyn had created gold herself and was searching to achieve a greatness that had already been created; just not in the way she wanted.
Often imitated but NEVER EVER duplicated.
Thoughts?

XOXO,
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment