Saturday, January 15, 2011

Great Novels

John Green is an amazing author. All of his novels are relatable. I can read them repeatedly and never feel like it's repetitive because there are always little clues that I missed the last time I read it.My favorite book of his that I've read is Looking For Alaska The only other author that I have discovered that can write novels for teenagers so well is Meg Cabot. My favorite book of hers is How To Be Popular, and just recently I discovered Deb Calettti who also has some pretty juicy books. The biggest reason that I will always love these books is because of the great quotes in them, they made me stop and think about myself. Out of all of these authors John Green has the best quotes so I decided to put together a handful of quotes from a couple of his books

 
 
Looking For Alaska By: John Green
  • "The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive." 
  • "So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane." 
  • "Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (...) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present." 
  • "Francois Rabelais. He was a poet. And his last words were "I go to seek a Great Perhaps." That's why I'm going. So I don't have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps." 

Paper Towns By: John Green
  • "What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person." 
  • "The town was paper, but the memories were not." 
  • "A paper town for a paper girl."
  • "I didn’t need you, you idiot. I picked you. And then you picked me back." 
  • "When did we see each other face-to-face? Not until you saw into my cracks and I saw into yours. Before that, we were just looking at ideas of each other, like looking at your window shade but never seeing inside. But once the vessel cracks, the light can get in. The light can get out." 
  • "If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all." 
An Abundance Of Katherines By: John Green
  •  "What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?" 
  • "Here's to all the places we went. And all the places we'll go. And here's to me, whispering again and again and again and again: iloveyou" 
  • "Because you're only thinking they-might-not-like-me-they-might-not-like-me, and guess what? When you act like that, no one likes you." 
  •   "Hold on." He grabbed a pencil and scrawled excitedly at the paper as if he'd just made a mathematical breakthrough and then looked back up at me. "I just did some calculations, and I've been able to determine that you're full of shit." 


 -Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment