Saturday, July 23, 2011

HEROES & VILLAINS


"He was unreliable, evasive, and above all else an insomniac, so he looked like hell most of the time. Barely ever combed his hair, he had a cigarette always dangling from his mouth, he couldn’t have been shabbier."


~ Dennis Stock (on James Dean
brokennecksfeatherweights:

hnnnnng
 
“It was so clear that he was a special person. Every moment that you spent with him, you knew you were with an original. Strange, and peculiar, and arresting, and… you couldn’t take your eyes off him.”


Mark Rydell

ireallylikejamesdean:

James Dean and Corey Allen, March 23, 1955

“I got cast in Rebel and I wanted to see what I was working with.  And I was so awed by what I saw in Eden.  I got to the set and I was scared, [but] I thought I’d take the bull by the horns and go introduce myself to Jimmy.  He was sitting there and there were a bunch of kids around him and they were fawning over him.  And I just walked over and said, ‘I’m Corey Allen, we’re gonna be working together.’  And Jimmy said [without looking up] ‘Yeah, hi.’  And he refused to do more than that.”
-Corey Allen


James Dean and Corey Allen, March 23, 1955

“I got cast in Rebel and I wanted to see what I was working with. And I was so awed by what I saw in Eden. I got to the set and I was scared, [but] I thought I’d take the bull by the horns and go introduce myself to Jimmy. He was sitting there and there were a bunch of kids around him and they were fawning over him. And I just walked over and said, ‘I’m Corey Allen, we’re gonna be working together.’ And Jimmy said [without looking up] ‘Yeah, hi.’ And he refused to do more than that.”

-Corey Allen

nevver:

Rebel, with or without.
FOREVER MY HERO


No comments:

Post a Comment