Sunday, October 24, 2010

MARRY ME, BRYAN GREENBERG

Image via Bryan Greenberg Fan
      If any of you have ever had a crush on the guy next door, he was probably something like this. Well, at least for me. There's something very appealing about Bryan Greenberg. The first time I laid eyes on him was in "Bride Wars" which stars Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. From that moment on I couldn't help myself, I was hooked. Since then I've most of his films and also watch "How to make it in America" on HBO. You can't help but fall in love with him. He has a vulnerable quality about him but his characters make you feel familiar with him. It's a bit hard to explain but he's kind of like your neighbor who left for college two years ago. When he comes back for Summer, it's like he never left. His ability to make his audience that comfortable and familiar has made me fall in love. I don't know about you but the "boy next door" type has always been my kind of guy. Everytime he appears on the screen a smile crosses my face and that's the point of an effective actor, they make you feel.

          On top of being an amazing actor he's also a musician. His first album, "Waiting For Now" was released in 2007 and he is currently working on his sophmore album. I'm not too keen on comparisons but when I first heard his music I thought of John Mayer and Jack Johnson. It has that kind of flow to it, but he is very different from the two. He's definitely more than a cute face and he's also one of my favorite upcoming actor today. Give Bryan Greenberg a chance, you won't be sorry.
(1).jpg
Image via Bryan Greenberg Fan


Check out some of his films:
* Prime (Kenya first saw him in this, she beat me to him ;) )
* The Good Guy
*Nobel Son
*Love and Debate




...and get your weekly fix of him on HBO's "How to make it in America". Or watch season 1 episodes here online.
-P.S. Chris Webby (Kenya's obsession), raps the opening intro to the show. "I need a dollar" is the name of the single.
xoxo,
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment