Monday, November 22, 2010

A Change In Disney

    So this Wednesday Disney's new movie Tangled is coming out, which I'm too excited about. According to John Lasseter Disney's animation co-chief, this will be the last Disney movie based off of fairy tales." One reason is because the studio is fearful of alienating young boys, who supposedly won't see something like last year's "The Princess and the Frog." and according to my lovely resource Yahoo, "young girls consider themselves too cool to want to be princesses". This completely made me question today's youth. Even to this day I love Disney movies but I don't watch Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Princess and the Frog etc. because I want to be a princess I watch them because these movies are magical, and they just lift my spirit up. I can understand why they're saying they don't want to make anymore fairy tale movies because they don't want to leave younger boys out of the Disney experience but they have always had movies that weren't only about princesses like The Lion King, The Incredibles, The Jungle Book, Finding Nemo, the list goes on. So I think this decision is just ridiculous.

 " When the kingdom's most wanted -- and most charming -- bandit Flynn Rider hides out in a mysterious tower, he's taken hostage by Rapunzel, a beautiful and feisty tower-bound teen with 70 feet of magical, golden hair. Flynn's curious captor, who's looking for her ticket out of the tower where she's been locked away for years, strikes a deal with the handsome thief and the unlikely duo sets off on an action-packed escapade, complete with a super-cop horse, an over-protective chameleon and a gruff gang of pub thugs."
                                                                       
   



 


                                                                                                                               -Kenya



No comments:

Post a Comment