Friday, June 17, 2011

Audio therapy: No Doubt "Sunday Morning"


"I know who I am, but who are you?

You're not looking like you used to
You're on the other side of the mirror
So nothing's looking quite as clear
Thank you for turning on the lights"

All hail Gwen Stefani, my ultimate idol.
All hail No Doubt, one of my favorite bands.
Any song off of Tragic Kingdom is classic, and this happens to be one of the greats.
I've probably used Tragic Kingdom with every heartbreak scenario and with each listen I'm astounded by the melodies and lyrics.
They literally turned a torturous breakup into sunny ska-pop... Now that's genius!
As with any of the audio therapy song features I truly identify with each lyric.
Loving someone while they become a changeling is BOGUS.
I could go on for days...but Gwen looks and sounds much better doing this than me.
xoxo,
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment